This list includes films released in January 2018 in the United States.
Insidious: The Last Key was the 4th film in the Insidious franchise and it outgrossed the other films at the worldwide box office. Maze Runner: The Death Cure was the 3rd film in the Maze Runner franchise. 12 Strong increased it's weekly gross from week 8 to 9 by 25.1%. Paddington 2 was the sequel to 2015's Paddington it increased it's weekly gross by 27.3% between week 7 and 8 and "Paddington 2" also recorded a bigger box office in the United Kingdom than in the United States. Proud Mary relied mostly on the domestic box office with 96% of it's gross coming from the United States. Forever My Girl increased it's weekly gross from week 12 to 13 by 102%. Padmaavat increased it's weekly gross from week 1 to 2 by 1,074%. Mary and the Witch's Flower increased it's weekly gross from week 5 and 6 by 3,232% with a $128,318 per theater average.
Out of the Top 10-films only "Maze Runner: The Death Cure", in it's first week, reached the #1 weekly spot, while Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle was atop the other three weeks.
Warner Bros. Pictures was the only distributor to reach the Top 10 in domestic box office with two films, although neither of them reached #1.
- Insidious: The Last Key (Universal): $67,347,895
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Fox): $58,032,443
- 12 Strong (Warner): $45,500,164
- Den of Thieves (STX): $44,947,622
- Paddington 2 (Warner): $40,442,052
- The Commuter (Lionsgate): $36,343,858
- Proud Mary (Screen): $20,877,013
- Forever My Girl (Roadside): $16,376,066
- Padmaavat (Viacom18): $11,846,060
- Mary and the Witch's Flower (GKids): $2,418,404
- Films - January 2018 on Box Office Mojo